WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2023
Sad News: For you 30 plus-ers……Beautiful Barbara Craig passed this past week. She and her partner Sam Guardamondo were “famous” on their boat, Baja Magic
Note: Working on catching up! Please be patient and look for a late afternoon edition.
Note: Working on updates…..Also, don’t miss the “Every Week” at the end!
|8-Wed||Capsforcancerbaja meeting4 pm, La Ribera Restaurante Providencia. Membership is free. If you require transportation contact Annette at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|10-Fri||Veterans Day Observed USA|
|11-Sat||Veterans Day US|
|11-Sat||LB Community Market 9-noon. First day of 23/24 season|
|13-Mon||YOGA Garden is opening for the season! Current schedule at yogagardenbaja.com.|
|13-Mon to 20th Mon||Fiestas Tradicionales Los Barriles 2023. Posted on FB by the LB Delegacion November 13th to 20th|
|14-Tue||Lazy Daze Christmas Toy Drive No Fuss Garage Sale. All proceeds of your donations will go to buy Christmas gifts for the local children. Please bring items to Lazy Daze the day of the sale at 9am. Sale starts at 10. Thank you from Santa and Lazy Daze. See you there. Plus it’s Taco Tuesday.|
|16 to 19||Baja Classic Pickleball Tournament 8 am daily sponsored by Homes & Land of Baja Real Estate and hosted by Tres Palapas Baja Pickleball Resort|
|17-Fri||The Bookstore 9:00an to 11:00 am, we are loaded with good books and jigsaw puzzles so come and check things out. Highway Storage Facility north of the Repsol station.|
|17-Fri||Burger Nite & Live Music at Tres Palapas, Alex N Froy Specials 380 pesos, happy hour 4 – 6 pm, veg & diet options, booking requested. – email@example.com|
|27-Mon||Full Moon – “Full Beaver”|
- Lost November 2 afternoon: A “DHL” logo, hard back, paper notebook for my fish print orders. Fishes, customers, room numbers, etc in my scribble writing. Between Palmas,Chipitos, Pemex.
DISCUSSIONS – ANSWERS – ANNOUNCEMENTS
- This ad is from Tim and the PalapasVentana. He/they do adventure trips in the Baja. Website is: palapasventana.com.
- Anyone driving down from the Phoenix area that could bring a few small boxes for us? Will compensate. – firstname.lastname@example.org
- A friend will be driving my California registered vehicle to Los Barriles. What paperwork do they need to have with them in the vehicle to show that the driver has the owner’s permission to be driving the car into and Mexico? Thank you. – email@example.com
- Ok I’m going to try this again. I didn’t get any responses from people leaving for the states soon. My small soft sided package needs to be in the mail in the US by Nov. 8th. Please, please contact me if you can take it for me. Return label and ready to mail.Elizabeth Perkins,Edesignsbaja@aol.com or 425 900 8544
- Open Mic with Tish at La Fogata starting Wednesday, November 15. Dinner and drink specials starting at 6pm, music at 7pm. All acts, local and visiting, welcome.
- BINGO! at The Wine Bar in Palmas starting Tuesday, November 21 from 1-4pm. Cash prizes, drink specials and lots of fun all in support of SNAP clinic.
- Saturday Market face painting with Tish starting November 11 from 9-12. Some of the proceeds going to Friends Supporting Families to feed the hungry in Los Barriles
- Grupo Tortugueros, turtlely cool will be at Lazy Daze this coming taco Tues. Nov. 7th with selected items before our market season starts. Come join us from 11-2. With hurricane Norma slamming us, it has been tough all round, even with our wee hatchlings, but having a great community & our volunteers Omar & Noe taking great care, we are releasing most days. All of us volunteers look forward to seeing you at releases, Lazy Daze now & then & our Saturday market. Turtlely cool hugs,
Kareema, Sharon & Mike, Val, Celeste & Steve – firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Physiotherapist starting November 6th,from 4-8PM. Next to Farmanet. Make your appointment 624 132 0204 from 10AM to 3PM or by email : email@example.com.
- Come to the Saturday Market this Saturday6 and register for the Community Charity ATV Fun Ride. Full information about the ride can be found at www.AtvFunLosBarriles.com Help ensure that nobody in our community goes to bed hungry.
- Tomatoes and other Veggies Sale
- Friday November 10th from 9 am to 12 pm. At the greenhouse on the road to La Colina neighborhood. https://www.google.com/maps/place/We+Growfirstname.lastname@example.org,-109.7087358,15z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x86af85b8800c825f:0xc2725ef7870fd5c6!8m2!3d23.7098048!4d-109.7087358!16sg11l65ph63t?entry=ttu
- Mrs. Claus here, don’t forget Tuesday the 14th is the Lazy Daze Christmas Toy Drive no fuss garage sale. Please bring your donated items day of sale at 9am at Lazy Daze. While you are there, buy your pig feed tickets for December 8th, have a taco and a beer! See you there.
- Looking for a dozen baby chicks..( females only).. Please call me if you know where some are. Big Jim. 206-915-9189. or email@example.com
- Tomato plants ( 6 or 7) please call Bob at 624-151-1644, I can pick up in Los Barilles or near.
LB COMMUNITY MARKET – THIS SATURDAY 11/11/23
- Millie’s Kitchen: Welcome back everyone! This season I will have pecan/cinnamin glazed pastry sticks, Lilikoi(passion fruit) meringue tarts, lemon meringue tarts, toffie blondies, coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate(GF), chocolate crinkle cookies(GF), and 8″ pumpkin pies, pecan pies for holiday orders.GF pies also available for order. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wonton Lady is back at the Farmers Market! We hope you are as much as excited as we are! Looking forward to see you there!
RESTAURANTS – FOOD SERVICE
- Fri Nov17 Burger Nite & Live Music at Tres Palapas, Alex N Froy Specials 380 pesos, happy hour 4 – 6 pm, veg & diet options, booking requested. – email@example.com
- “Zopilotes” Ice Cream Shop in San Bartolo. We’re are open and ready for business. Come on up to San Bartolo. 11:00-5:30/6:00. Tuesday-Sunday. Closed Mondays. Nos Vemos! Exciting News. “Zopilotitos” Buenos Aires will open SAT. NOV.4. 11:00-5:30. Come on over and say Hey! Cones, Cups, Sundaes, Floats and Take Away Litres! Dairy Free and Vegan Options! firstname.lastname@example.orgWhatsApp/Tel: 612 134 1002
- Neapolitan Pizza MASTER CLASS at Pizzeria Don Roberto LB. Two Italian pizza masters join forces to impart their knowledge through a pizza class: Chef Daniele Gagliotta, double award winner at Atlantic City 2022 for best pizza. Chef Alessandro Cioffi (host). November 12, 2023 8:30 am to 3:00 pm +52 6121539430 – email@example.com
- Tasting Dinner in Don Roberto Los Barriles Pizzeria. Designed by Italian chefs Daniele Gagliotta (guest) and Chef Alessandro Cioffi (host). 5 courses November 11 and 12 – 2023
6 to 10 pm More info and reservations +52 6121539430 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Repeats every TWO weeks. 5 lines/10-15 words per line/50 words total – subject to editing
- Room for two mid size cars or SUVs in secure garage available now in Spa Buena Vista.
contact email@example.com for directions and monthly storage fee.
AIRPORT RIDES- CARAVANS- COMING & GOING
- Arriving Nov 29 at 3:40 pm on west jet 2102 from Vancouver. Have booked a taxi to San Bartolo. Anyone want to share taxi? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking for a ride on Nov. 29 around 3:30 pm from Cabo Airport to La Paz. Willing to pitch in for gas, etc. Solo travelling. – email@example.com
THREE LINE LIMIT – Repeats in one week. All Coconuts are US in origin. Subject to editing. (Bad words: sell, money, $, dollars, pesos) – Keep it short! Sorry, no photos. Use Craig’s list and include link.
- Dish TV satellite receiver and remote. Model 625 dual tuner with DVR built in. Also older 6’ dish antenna. First 50 clams takes it. Jim @ local 624-142-8015 or US Cell 425-306-3365
- Sun shade sail rectangle 16’x30’UV block White , never used 50 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Desk…like new 30 discs, https://bajasur.craigslist.org/for/d/desk-in-los-barriles/7683504323.html
- Sea life wall Art in Los Barriles. All for 275 creatures or individual . View at https://bajasur.craigslist.org/for/7681748147.html?lang=en&cc=us
- Breville stainless steel juicer like new 325 oranges – email@example.com
- E-Bike Wallke regenerative battery fat tire full suspension 1,800 rides – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 23 FOOT METAL PANGA FISHING BOAT. US papers. 200,000 local Dorados or 10,000 American Dorados OBO, includes trailer. Shade cover, new radio and GPS, excellent condition wood deck interior, 90HP motor. Email for pictures: Adam info email@example.com +1 604.364.8853
- Tables and Shelves. * Wood shelf unit, 40 clams. * 3 Wood nesting tables 40 clams
* Wood side table 40 clams.(Or peso equiv) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in Los Barriles near Tres Palapas pickle ball courts
- Brand New Hot Water Heater. Rheem 40 gal/152L. 400 shells or 7000 mex In box and near Tres Palapas https://bajasur.craigslist.org/mat/d/rheem-water-heater-new-in-box/7683830439.html
- Sirius XM Boombox as new condition – sounds AWESOME! Perfect for traveling, RVing, at the beach. Lots of extras Runs on a/c or D cell Batteries https://bajasur.craigslist.org/ele/d/sirius-xm-boombox-car-kit/7677713040.html
- 1. 9′ x 12′ indoor decorative rug 4,000MX
2. 5′ x 8 ‘ indoor rug- 1500 MX
3. 4 ‘ x 6’ indoor rug 1000 MX
4. Aicok Kcup single coffee maker 750 MX
5. Kirkland Signature Roasting Pan 850 MX
6. Swingline Light Touch 3 hole paper punch 350MX
What’sApp 1-604-966-4594 for photos, email@example.com for more info
- Solid wood corner TV Stand , 275 shows. View at https://bajasur.craigslist.org/fuo/7682366656.html?lang=en&cc=us
- Rockler Dust Right separator. Like new. It collects all the dust and debris keeping it from your shop vac. 60 clams https://bajasur.craigslist.org/tls/d/rockler-dust-right-separator/7684205794.html
- King size wooden rustic t/- 5’10” ’ tall headboard, avocado green with dark brown antiquing & king frame. 150 clams. Email for photo – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.5 x 1.5 square tubes 1/8 thick. 139”, 136” & 96”. 136 & 96 have been painted. 18,20,14 coconuts or all for 40. https://bajasur.craigslist.org/for/d/15-15-tubo-metlico-cuadrado/7684322563.html
- 2 Sit up on kayaks with paddles. 8 feet in length. 175 gringo rides each. 503-407-2300.
- One 4 wheeler quad 2,500 gringo coconuts and one 2 wheeler quad 2,000 gringo coconuts. Both have new batteries. 503-407-2300.
- 22 ft Boston Whaler. 115 Honda religiously serviced, outriggers, bait tank, battery compartment, ex prop, T top, all ready to take fishing. Many extras. Available January. 10,000 gringo fish. 503-407-2300.
- 3 Baja maps, 21x:36 color, plastic coated, Mc Mahon art originals new condition. 10 road trips ea
- Asian dark wood single bed frame ( with headboard and backboard ) and cushion
250 shells – email@example.com
- Cabela’s roll top aluminum table with carry bag. Opens to 46” x 28” x 28” high. Never used. $100 picnics. Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 624-242-0465
- *New Koblenz power surge protector 2000VA. 1500 MX
*Hamilton Beach 4 cup food processor. 1000 MX
*Restonic mattress, good condition, slight water mark.190 x 200 cm.
*Unique round spinning purple suede lounge chair 2000
*Nordik spinning bike 1600 MX
*Heavy duty ornate iron umbrella base 1600 MX
Whatsapp for pictures or to arrange to see 624 238 7949 – email@example.com
- Unfinished Alder wood slab, suitable for countertop or table. 60 x 25 x 1.5 inches, picture available – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wooden Armoire, 3 drawers, clothes rod inside, or could have a shelf for TV 77 “ x 36” x 24”
150 hangers – email@example.com
- IKEA poang armchair and footstool used brown 100 sits – firstname.lastname@example.org
- guta- wireless tire pressure monitoring system (brand new used once)6-sensors.designed for rv ,truck ,trailers. 500 wheels – email@example.com
|Every MONDAY||—Every Monday night until end of December is Monday Night Football specials at SweetPea’s Tiki Bar & Grill! All beef hotdog & a beer $80 pesos or USDA handmade hamburger & a beer $220 pesos. The game (and sound) will be on inside. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Every TUESDAY||—Taco Tuesday at Navegante Restaurant in Buena Vista Resort!! Delicious classic and author tacos! Dinner 5:30-9 pm. Happy Hour 4-6 pm at Pescador Bar. RSVP 6242280165 – email@example.com|
|—Begins Tue. Nov. 21st.BINGO! at The Wine Bar in Palmas 1-4pm. Cash prizes, drink specials and lots of fun all in support of SNAP clinic.|
|Every WEDNESDAY||—Begins Wed. Nov. 15th OPEN MIC @ La Fogata. Dinner and drink specials starting at 6pm, music at 7pm. All acts, local and visiting, welcome.|
|—Starts 11/15/23 Wed. Open Mic with Tish at La Fogata . Dinner and drink specials starting at 6pm, music at 7pm. All acts, local and visiting, welcome. Proudly supports the East Cape Guild Scholarship program|
|Every THURSDAY||—Asado Night (Everything grill!) at Buena Vista Resort. BBQ ribs, stuffed potatoes, organic chicken, and more! We also have vegan options available. Dinner 5:30-9 pm. Happy Hour 4-6 pm at Pescador Bar. RSVP 6242280165 – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Evert FRIDAY||—SweetPea’s Tiki Bar & Grill live music & dancing with Stamina Rock & Reggae Band 6:30pm-9:30pm reservations by email: email@example.com|
|Every SATURDAY||—First Market Sat. Nov. 11tg Community Market – Los Barriles 9am – 1pm New City Park lbcommunitymarket@Gmail.com|
|—Saturday Market face painting with Tish starting November 11 from 9-12. Some of the proceeds going to Friends Supporting Families to feed the hungry in Los Barriles|
|—Dinner on the Beach Buena Vista Resort! Live music under the stars. Delicious menu. We also have vegan options. RSVP 6242280165 – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|—San Jose del Cabo market 9am-3pm. Entrance is on Ave. Centenario.|
|—East Cape Christian Fellowship 9am|
|—Piedra Angular behind repsol gas station. Sunday 6 pm church services|
|—Spiritual Light Center, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. At the Hotel Playa Del Sol, at the upstairs Sol Y Mar restaurant – email@example.com|